Background

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Homemade Strawberry (Dairy-Free/No Machine) Ice Cream

I made another dairy free ice cream over the weekend that I thought I would share (share the recipe that is...since I pretty much ate all of it by myself:) ) Like I mentioned before, it is great to keep frozen sliced bananas in the freezer because making this ice cream is a nice treat to have, especially when it has been sooo hot lately!  I am so glad that I stumbled upon this easy way to make dairy free, no machine ice cream. I am loving all of the possible flavor combinations you can make! Hope you enjoy :)

Strawberry (Dairy-Free/No Machine) Ice Cream

I used 3 frozen Bananas and mixed in about 2-3 Tablespoons Pecans, 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, and 1/4 cup Coconut Milk in the food processor. After it was a smooth consistency, I transferred the ice cream to a large bowl and add in 4-5 chopped frozen strawberries. I put mine in the freezer for a little bit to harden.  I used coconut flakes as a garnish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment