Background

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Melted Crayon Art


School starts soon so I have been trying to cram in all of the projects I wanted to do this summer into the last few days left. I have been busy organizing, cleaning, and catching up on all of my TV watching :) I also discovered Pinterest! If you haven't heard of it, you need to check it out! It is pretty much an online bookmarking site that you can share anything you stumble up on the internet with others. I have spent lots of time looking at all of the wonderful things that everyone has to offer online. It is amazing how much is out there! One of the things in my house that I need is more artwork on the walls....so I have been on the lookout for more DIY art! I found this project on there yesterday and I couldn't wait to get to the store and buy canvas and crayons!
    
Materials: 
 

     11 X 14 Canvas
    2 Boxes of 24 Crayons
    Hot Glue Gun
    Hair Dryer









Directions : 
 1. Lay out the crayons in any order you want. I took out the white, gray, peach, brown, and black. With the remainder of the crayons I was able to fit all of them across the canvas in a rainbow effect.

2. Glue crayons next to each other towards the top of the canvas. I glued each crayon individually to be sure they were as straight as possible.
 3. Once all of the crayons are glued down, take the canvas outside and lean against a wall with newspaper down to protect the ground. I just love the look of all of the crayons lined up

4. Use a blow dryer on HIGH heat and melt the crayon wax and let the wax drip and blend the colors together. I did have to change the angle of the canvas to help control the drips.

 I just love the look of the final product! I can't wait put the canvas in a frame to put in my arts and crafts room/office. The colors look amazing together and you can't help but smile when you look at it :) This is definitely a project a recommend if you are looking for a fun way to brighten a room!

No comments:

Post a Comment