Background

Friday, July 22, 2011

Ratatouille

source
The first time I tried ratatouille was at a little French restaurant wrapped in a crepe. It was amazing! I loved all of the flavors and it was pretty much all of my favorite vegetables all mixed together.  I went home and had to recreate my new favorite dish hehhehe! I even learned to make crepes and stuffed them with the veggies. This time around, I just made ratatouille on its own with grilled sausage. During the summer I usually have all of the ingredients on hand, so it makes a great dinner when I don't plan what to eat ahead of time :) It is actual really easy to make, the hardest part is getting all of the vegetables cut, but then all you have to do is put them together to mingle their flavors and cook in a large pan. I even used the leftovers with dinner the next night...stay tuned for that one :)

Ratatouille

Ingredients
  • 1 eggplant, diced
  • 2 zucchini, diced
  • 1 yellow squash, diced
  •  8-10 mini yellow, orange, and red peppers (or 2 whole peppers)
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 3 garlic cloves, diced
  • handful of basil, chopped
  • large can of diced tomatoes
  • 2 bay leaves
Directions:
1. Cook onions and garlic until translucent
2. Add in peppers, squash, eggplant, basil, bay leaves and tomatoes
3. Cook on medium low heat for 20-30 minutes, covered


No comments:

Post a Comment