Background

Monday, July 25, 2011

Spaghetti Squash

     I love trying out new foods! I remember having spaghetti squash on occasion growing up, but I have never made it myself. It is a great replacement for pasta noodles and tastes delicious! It is realllly easy to make and I also didn't realize how many "noodles" one squash produces! I think the hardest part was getting the knife through the squash. A couple weeks ago my sister and I both cut ourselves with kitchen utensils within 24 hours so I was still a little afraid of sharp objects in the kitchen...but I was able to slice through this squash without injury :)
     Instead of making a marinara sauce I was able to use leftovers from my ratatouille from the night before. It was scrumptious!! I am excited to go out and buy another squash again soon and try out other toppings. I think a little butter, chopped basil, and a tomatoes would be delish!

Directions:
1. Slice off one end of squash to make it easier to stand up
2. Slice through squash lengthwise. Use a sharp chefs knife....be careful!
3. Scoop out the seeds and insides of both halves
4. Place in a lightly greased (I used olive oil spray) baking dish and poke with a fork
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until soft
6. Use a fork to scrap out the "noodles"

I topped mine with my ratatouille :)
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment