Background

Friday, July 8, 2011

Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed Jalapenos

mmmmm....
I just love anything wrapped in bacon! My favorite bacon lately has been the Apple Smoked Bacon from Trader Joes! It is pretty thick, tastes amazing, and relatively inexpensive for bacon. For the Fourth of July I decided to make more of my bacon wrapped deliciousness for appetizers! I have been wanting to make my own jalapeno poppers, so I was very excited when I discovered a "paleo-friendly" version. I also got very excited when I went to a BBQ the day before and they were making a jalapeno popper and they used a skewer to attach all of the "poppers" while grilling (I used toothpicks to secure and then a skewer to attach them all as well to make it easier to move them on the grill). I made my stuffed dates again, but this time I grilled them (which were AMAZING by the way!)


Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed Jalapenos
Ingredients:
  • Jalapenos
  • Chicken (cooked and sliced)
  • Bacon
Directions:
1. Slice jalapenos in half and scoop out seeds
2. Place cooked chicken inside pepper
3. Wrap in bacon that has been sliced in halves or thirds (depending on the desired length of bacon)
4. Use a toothpick to hold everything together
5. Skewer jalapenos for grilling (or place on parchment lined pan to cook in oven)
6. Grill until bacon is crisp
 
Jalapenos, chicken, and bacon skewered and ready to grill!

Grill until bacon is cooked and crisp---check out that fire!!  
Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Dates


Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed Jalapenos...Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment