Background

Monday, July 11, 2011

Paleo Pizza

Let me start of by saying I LOVE PIZZA! Pizza is definitely one of my weaknesses and usually my go to meal when I don't feel like cooking! While I have been better about not eating as much pizza as I used to,  I haven't been able to completely say no while trying to eat Paleo! Because of my love for pizza I decided I needed to find a Paleo alternative! I went to my new go to website for Paleo recipes....Everyday Paleo. I used her recipe for my crust and got creative with my toppings. I found another recipe out there that used shredded eggplant in the crust with the almond meal, but I decided to play it safe for this first time. In honor of my love for pizza, I made my crust into the shape of a heart :) I also used my fresh rosemary that was planted this week!  While the pizza was in the oven, the smell was amazing, I couldn't wait for it be done to try it! The end result was delish. The crust was more like a crisp cracker and not like a regular pizza crust at all, but it was very tasty overall! I will definitely be making this again, so easy and a great pizza substitute :)

Ingredients:
Crust:
  • 2 cups almond meal
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped

Toppings:
I used Trader Joe's Putanesca Sauce because it has capers, olives, garlic, and lots of spices already added to the tomato sauce. I also used artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, yellow squash, and spinach. However, you can use any toppings that you have on hand or like to put on your pizzas!





Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients for crust and form the dough into a ball.

2. Lightly grease pan with olive oil. Use your hands to lightly press dough into desired shape on pan (circle, oval, or heart <3 like I made :)) The dough should be about 1/4 inch thick

3. Bake crust in 350 degrees oven for about 20 minutes 

 4. After crust is done. Spread sauce over the crust and add toppings

 5. Bake in the oven for another 25-30 minutes

Enjoy :)

1 comment: