Background

Friday, June 3, 2011

Pecan Crusted Chicken

I tried out my first recipe from Everyday Paleo! It was actually the first recipe listed and I pretty much had all the ingredients in my kitchen.

Pecan-Crusted Chicken
  •    ½ cup spicy brown mustard (I used a Honey Dijon because that was I already had)  
  •   2 Tablespoons of honey
  •     1 cup pecans, crushed
  •     Boneless, skinless chicken breasts--dried with paper towel (her recipe says 4, but I made 3)
  1.   Heat oven to 350° 
  2.   Whisk together the mustard and honey in medium bowl
  3.  Finely chop pecans  (I used my Magic Bullet for half and used a knife to chop the other half)  and put in another bowl
  4. Roll the chicken in the mustard and then into the pecans—be sure to coat both sides
  5.   Place the chicken in a greased glass baking dish and bake for 45 minutes
I was pleased with the results. My chicken didn’t quite look like the picture in the book, however it was tasty and got a thumbs up. I also made a salad to go with the chicken:
  •  Spinach
  • Red Peppers
  • Mushrooms
  • Artichoke Hearts
  • Chopped Pecans

mmmm…..

No comments:

Post a Comment