Background

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Coconut Macaroons

I decided to make Coconut Macaroons today because they are a "Paleo Friendly" dessert. Earlier this spring, I made several dozen macaroons for our Passover Family Sedar. I didn't write down the recipe I used though. So I spent a good portion of the afternoon today looking for a recipe (more specifically the recipe!) but didn't have much luck. So...I decided to "wing it" and try to create my own. It definitely wasn't the same as the ones I made earlier this year, but they were still a sweet treat ! I will work on fine-tuning the recipe in the future.

Coconut Macaroons
  • 3 cups coconut 
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp almond extract
  • lemon zest
Coconut, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, lemon zest
  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
  2. Whisk together egg whites and sugar. Add vanilla and almond extract 
  3. Mix in coconut and lemon zest. Be sure to coat all of the coconut with the egg mixture.
  4. Use a tablespoon scoop to drop coconut mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (makes about 30 cookies)
  5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until tops are toasted
  6. (optional) Dip in melted chocolate and put in refrigerator to set
  7. Enjoy :)
    Whisk together egg whites and sugar. Add vanilla and almond extract

Mix in coconut and lemon zest. Be sure to coat all of the coconut with the egg mixture.

Use a tablespoon scoop to drop coconut mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper

Bake for about 20 minutes or until tops are toasted

(optional) Dip in melted chocolate and put in refrigerator to set and most importantly ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment