The menu included: grilled artichokes, grilled peppers, grilled peaches, left over brownies (recipe coming soon) and mixed fruit with nuts!
1. Cut the ends off all of the tips of the artichokes with scissors. Cut the tops off with a knife.
2. Stem artichokes using a steamer basket and about an inch of water.
3. When they are tender (I steamed them for about 20 minutes), carefully take them out of the pot.
4. Slice the artichokes in half lengthwise (careful--they will be hot if you don't allow them to cool enough)
5. Using a spoon, scoop the "choke" out (the hairy looking things toward the bottom)
6. Brush olive oil and salt/pepper on both sides of artichoke
7. Cook on medium heat on the grill for 5-10 minutes each side
Grilled Mini Peppers and Grilled Peaches
1. Brush the peppers with olive oil and salt/pepper and place on the grill turning occasionally
2. Slice peaches in half. Take the seed out. Brush with olive oil and place on grill turning occasionally (I forgot to get a picture of the peaches)
I just love summer!