Background

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mod Podge Letter


I have discovered Mod Podge!!!! I have spent way too much time on Pinterest lately looking at all sorts of crafts and recipes. I kept seeing projects with Mod Podge and I had never used or really heard of it before! The more I looked into everything you can make with it...I knew I had to get some ASAP! I decided to make a "Mod Podged S" for my first project. I forgot to take pictures along the way but have no fear, I am pretty sure there will be more Mod Podge tutorials because this stuff is amazing! I love it!

I bought a plain, unfinished wooden "S" and painted the sides and back a pretty green color so it would match the colors in my house and because I didn't want the unfinished wood to show. After letting it dry, I traced the "S" onto a piece of scrapbook paper and cut out the letter. After putting on a layer of Mod Podge on the wood, I carefully placed the paper to it and then applied another layer of Mod Podge over the paper. I did another layer on top after it dried because I think I missed a few spots the first time :) I am super excited to experiment with more projects in the very near future! I put my Mod Podged S in my kitchen above my key hooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment