Paleo Orange Chocolate Chip Scones
from Elana's Pantry
- 2 cups almond flour/meal (the recipe called for blanched almond flour, however I mixed it half and half with regular almond meal and blanched almond flour)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
1. Mix dry ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, chocolate chips, orange zest) in large bowl.
2. Mix egg and agave together and combine with dry ingredients.
3. Knead the dough with your hands to create a ball (My dough was very sticky). Flatten the dough to about ½ inch thick circle.
4. Cut the dough into mini pizza slices and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes in a 350 degree oven.